Friday, December 26, 2008

We interrupt our regularly scheduled blogging!

I know I was going to go modern for a while but I just received this outstanding reader ride from Ted Guthrie. A beautifully restored Penton 125 Six-Day. While I've never considered myself a true "restorer" of motorcycles (I prefer the term resto-mod) I have struggled with enough old bikes to really appreciate the level of effort that goes into a bike like this. The really great part is that it's really done out of love of the bikes. You'd be hard pressed to ever make a good living (much less become wealthy) doing this kind of work. But I'm constantly amazed at the work that I see out there and that people send me. Keep sending them in. It's MUCH appreciated!

Ted Writes:

Hey, great site you've got. Some of the best pics, of terrific variety of bikes, I've ever seen. Attached are some photos of my recently completed 1973 Penton 125 Six-Day. Bike started out as a total junker, which had sat outside for years. It now starts first-kick, and runs perfectly. Incidently, the Steel Tanker you have the pic of, which was taken at the AMA museum, belongs to the original owner - Al Born - and the bike is serial # 003. Yep, it is the third Penton ever built. Al is among the original group of riders, who were hand-picked by John Penton to receive (and race and win and promote) the first ten Penton motorcycles produced.
Ted Guthrie
Historian
Penton Owners Group








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check out my other blog!

Blogs I'm Following