Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reader Ride! Putting the"Cafe" Sport in Sportster!

Joseph Chaney sends in his beauty of a ride! Now that's my kind of Harley. I've always thought that Sportsters were underrepresented in the Cafe world. Looks like hell of a fun ride! A lot of nice personal touches on this one. That seat ans swingarm are sweet! Ans I really like the rising sun decals on the engine. Must keep those purists scratching their heads!

He Writes:

"I really enjoy your blog, and thought I'd submit some pictures of my bike for your consideration. It is a 2003 Sportster XL1200C that I bought brand new and have done all of the work myself. I even laced the wheels and mounted the tires. It is a blast to ride!
Here are a few specs on it:
-engine- stock 1200cc
-exhaust- Vance & Hines SS2R
-wheels- stock HD hubs, Excel rims (19x2.15 front and 18x4.25 rear), Buchanan stainless spokes, Avon tyres
-gas tank- stock 3.3 gallon with Honda F2 fuel filler
-drive- Renthal sprockets with RK 520 chian
-rearsets- Crossroads performance
-tail section- custom built by owner
-clipons- Rockwall
-swingarm- stock with bracing
Thanks! Joe


Thanks Much for the pics!

Publish Post



1 comment:

Please check out my other blog!

Blogs I'm Following