Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fantastic Reader Submittal!

Hector Catre sends in these great BMW ressurection pictures.
He Writes:

Hi Superduckz,
I thought I’d show you my bike: a 1972 BMW R75/5 Cafe Racer I spent 700 hours building. I had an article published about it in a Canadian magazine called “Motorcycle Mojo”.
http://www.motorcyclemojo.com/articles/article.html?article=more-motorcycle-maintenance-than-zen

Cheers,
H

My response to Hector:

Hello Hector! You know one of these days I'm going to build myself on old BMW. What a fantastic bike! That's one of the things that I enjoy most about this hobby/lifestyle. The satisfying resurrection of a sad and forgotten bike back to a source of pride. It's hard to explain to people how good it feels to actually take that first ride down the road on a bike like this. You look at all those brand new bike owners a little differently somehow. Sure it's great to have a brand new store bough bike but it's something far more satisfying to have built it with your own hands. Thank you very much for sharing this. I'd be honored to post this up!

Great Stuff! And go check out the story at the link and spend some time over at Motorcycle Mojo. First time I've read them. Seems to be a really nice site and magazine!.




Here's the before picture!!

And here's the after!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check out my other blog!

Blogs I'm Following