Saturday, December 19, 2009

Reader Ride. Beautiful Heritage Softtail.

I don't post a lot of modern or custom Harleys on here. I promise you that it's not out of prejudice. I think Milwaukee makes em as good as anyone. There's just seems to be a lot of dedicated Harley based blogs going and most of them do it really well. But every now and then a real beauty catches my eye like this one sent in by reader Eddie Anderson.

Eddie Writes:
A friend of ours in California bought this bike brand new in 2002. It’s a 2003 100th Anniversary

Heritage SoftTail “Black Beauty”. We visited them in 2004, after he installed “many” extras, and I fell in love with the bike the minute I laid eyes on it. It was definitely the wheels that made it stand out. From that year on, every time we spoke to Jim I reminded him, or my wife reminded him for me (with a little coaching), to let me know if he ever decides to sell the bike.

Well, we never thought he would part with it, but in April of this year, three months before my birthday, Jim called my wife and said he was finally going to part with the bike. Two days later, she called him back and said “We’ll buy it”, but don’t tell Eddie. She had the bike shipped to a friend’s house, here in Washington State, and gave the bike to me for my 47th birthday. Mary definitely added a whole new definition to the word “Surprised”.


Hell of a nice gift! That wife of yours is definately a keeper! Thanks For the pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check out my other blog!

Blogs I'm Following