Monday, November 15, 2010

LOL UPDATE: Reader Ride. The Lilac Alley Speed Shop Honda Hardtail SL125! Very Trick Budget build.

UPDATE... Helping to provide a public service here at MPOTD:
From the comments: 
Anonymous said...
I love the bike but my bedroom overlooks Lilac Alley and would love it more if you didn't race up and down the alley late at night and let it idle in the alley. sorry to be a pain but my bike sets off car alarms as well but I try and do that on other peoples streets...


Dan Noyola sends in this wicked little custom build. Did some hunting and found his blog!  Go HERE  for his blog build pics!  Now don't be shy about sending me links to yor blogs and slideshows fand such!  I love these kinds of builds. This once again proves that imagination and creativity are more important than money. What a cool bike.

Dan Writes:
It was put together in a couple of weeks for a few hundred dollars for the Dirtbag Challenge.
My ladyfriend still rides it regularly.


Dirtbag Challenge sounds like a blast. Thanks again!






5 comments:

  1. awesome that is the kinda bike that keeps me interested,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirtbag's site: http://www.dirtbagchallenge.com

    30 days, $1000, no Harleys.

    The event is always a blast, rad bikes & rad party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an SL 100, not a 125. The 100 has the smooth (no fins) cylinder left-side; the 125 had fins there.

    I had a 1973 SL 125 (is how I know!) back in the day that I eventually stripped for dirt in '76 after 17,000 miles on the odometer. I had the motor bored and stroked to 150cc's by Powroll in Oregon. Them was the days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bike but my bedroom overlooks Lilac Alley and would love it more if you didn't race up and down the alley late at night and let it idle in the alley.

    sorry to be a pain but my bike sets off car alarms as well but I try and do that on other peoples streets...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a CB100 back in 83. My first "real" bike (as in it had gears) back in high-school. I didnt modify it beyond running without a baffle in the muffler and painting it with a spray can. I love seeing cool mods to unusual/smaller bikes.

    ReplyDelete

Please check out my other blog!

Blogs I'm Following