Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reader Submittal. A really Great Home Grown Honda Bobber!

I saw the pics of the finished bike over on ADV Rider and knew there had to be a good story behind such a cool build. So I pm'd the owner to see if he's be interested in sharing a few details and I was not disappointed!. Thank You John! There's a lot of personal touches and one-off parts in this one. It's obvious that you've put some time into it. Thanks Again!

John Writes in:

Hey Steve,
I would be happy to share some info on the bobber I posted on advrider.  It started out as a 1974 CB750 which was hardtailed and tranformed into the bike you saw.  I have been working on it for 2 years it is almost done. I just need to finish dialing in the carbs.  It has been a pain since I use straight pipes and a open air intake.  Everything on the bike that is custom I built.  I do my own powder coating, except for frames since my oven is not that big.  I tryed to go with a minimalistic, clean, old school approach.  I am happy you like it.  If you have any other questions or want to see any other pics (I have a ton) let me know.
John




Here's the Before and Build pics. That's quite a save!



3 comments:

  1. Okay....the bike is awesome. Clean. Tasteful. Functional.

    But I need to know where he got that truing stand. I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That appears to be a motorcycle wheel balancing stand from Harbor Freight(around $60) with the feeler rods adapted on. I know this because I was looking at doing this exact same setup myself last week. Not sure if this is "exactly" what he used but it looks like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you might be right. Even has the tray. The simple addition of the feelers is what does it. Yup. I'm gonna have to build one.

    ReplyDelete

Please check out my other blog!

Blogs I'm Following